Corn Fritters with Sweet Chili sauce
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour (throw it in your coffee grinder or buy it this way)
- 1⁄2 cup plain all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup oil
SWEET CHILI SAUCE
- 3 large fresh red chilies, finely chopped
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Corn Fritters: Sift the ground rice, flour, baking powder, salt, corander and cumin into a bowl.
- Add the egg, lemon juice and 1/2 c.
- water and beat to a smooth batter.
- Add the corn, spring onion and chopped cilantro and stir to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over med to hi heat.
- When oil is hot, add 2 tblsp of mixture for each fritter and flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Cook about 2 to 3 min, or until golden brown, then flip.
- Sweet Chili Sauce: Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil, then cook for 5 min or until the mixture thickens to a slightly syrupy consistency.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool and serve with the fritters.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a Clinical Psychologist and work at the Univ of British Columbia. 33 yo, married with two cats and one child. I'm just getting into cooking after being intimidated by it for many years. I find it relaxing and much fun. I'm still in search of the 'best' cookbook. Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything" was what got me started - it is written in a friendly and casual voice and explains everthing in great detail w/illustrations. If I had no work or responsibilities for one month - I'd be torn between cleaning out my closets and traveling.