Cheese Potato Pancakes and Chili Sauce
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs potatoes (peeled and grated)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- Use the large holes of the grater to grate cheese and potatoes.
- Transfer the potatoes into a kitchen towel and squeeze as much liquid as you possible can.
- Place the potatoes into a large bowl. Add cheeses, onion, garlic powder, flour, salt, pepper and eggs. Stir to combine.
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Use an ice cream scoop to take equal amounts of potato mixture and add to the pan. Use the back of a spoon to flatten the patties. Cook about 3 or 4 patties at a time.
- Cook until browned about 4 minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Prepare the dipping sauce by mixing sour cream with chili garlic sauce.
- Serve the potato pancakes while still warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These potato pancakes are very tasty and we enjoyed the sauce as well. I had some leftover mashed potatoes in the fridge and decided to use them (as per options in the directions). I was pleased that there is very little oil used to fry these potatoes. Served these potatoes alongside some bbq sausage.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"