Chicken With Sweet Chili Sauce
photo by rpgaymer
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup sweet chili sauce (Mae Ploy)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 garlic, minced
- peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (4-5 ounces each)
- In a small bowl mix together sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and garlic. Pour 1/2 cup (half the mixture) into a small plastic food storage zip bag. Add chicken and turn to coat; refrigerate and marinade 30 minutes.
- To a skillet, add a tablespoon or two of oil and heat over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and brown on one side for about 2-3 minutes (it may smoke a little from the sweet marinade). Turn the chicken over and brown for 2 minutes longer. Cover with a lid, turn the heat to low and let it finish cooking for about 8 minutes.
- Place remaining chili sauce and soy sauce mixture in a small saucepan and simmer over low heat until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve over chicken.
Just made this recipe with a fiew minor tweaks that kept it much more juicy and added a bit more sweetness. Marinade: 1/2 Cup Chili Paste 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce 1 Tbsp Siracha 1 Garlic (Cloves cut to halves) The biggest difference I made was the cooking preperations. Before even cooking the chicken I cut up a moderately sized tomatoe in eigths and began frying them in my wok with a bit of vegetable oil and ground pepper. After 5 minutes add 2 chicken breasts with about a 1/4 cup of the marinade, cover and cook on medium for about 8 - 10 minutes each side or until juices run clear. Thanks again for the great recipe!
see 7 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!