I have given out this recipe to some friends and family over time. All of them have said the same thing theirs does not taste like mine. The truth about being a great cook is you have to love to cook or entertain, if you are just doing it to do it, it will not taste right. Do it because you have passion for it.
My personal spin on this goes like this:
1. Get your blender setup and start by pouring (1) can of evaporated milk, and adding (3) tbs of cinnamon. Pulse the blender for about 3 seconds.
2. Pour in (1) can of condensed milk and pulse for 5 seconds.
3. Pour in (1) can of evaporated milk and pulse for 5 seconds.
4. Pour in (1) can of cream of coconut and pulse for 5 seconds.
5. Pour in last can of condensed milk (3) tbs of vanilla and add the (4) oz of rum. Mix in blender for about 1 minute.
This should render about 2 liters of coquito. You can use sterilized empty wine bottles or purchase one. Pour into bottles or bottle and freeze for about (4) hours. This drink will not freeze completely, it will acquire the form of a melted ice cream. It is very rich, that is why it should be consumed as cold as possible. Enjoy.