Coquito - Traditional Recipe (Made With Egg Yolks)
photo by BlondieItaliana
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 dozen egg yolk
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 (12 ounce) cans Coco Lopez (Cream of Coconut)
- 8 cinnamon sticks (Boiled in 1 1/2 cup of water, keep them in the water for recipe)
- 1 quart white rum (Baccardi preferred)
- Mix at room temperature egg yolks, sugar, milk, vanilla extract in big pot and simmer over low flame to melt sugar, mixing continuously.
- Add Coco Lopez and continue to mix for about 15 minutes on low flame.
- Add Rum and cinnamon sticks with water.
- Mix everything on low flame for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
- ** Use whisk for a smoother consistency ** if desired.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Born & raised in Northern NJ and now live in the NJ suburbs of New York City. <br /><br />I grew up on all the traditional Italian meals from my Grandmother's kitchen. Holiday's were parades of food of all kinds, from main dishes to desserts, but mostly I remember Gram's traditional Italian dishes around the Holiday's surrounded by all of our family. <br /><br />I love to cook everything now. I find it great to experiment & try new recipes. Most of all, I love to entertain & host dinners with family, friends & have Holidays at home with my terrific husband & our four legged furry goofball bulldog! <br /><br />===================================== <br /><br />Spring 2008: I was picked for the Pick-A-Chef Spring 2008 Contest by a wonderful chef: Chef #166642 who made my Recipe #293174 and my Recipe #285517 and lastly, my Recipe #287338 <br /><br />The link to the cookbook from that contest is: http://www.recipezaar.com/cookbook.php?bookid=199542 <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br />===================================== <br /><br />July 2008: I was just Z-mailed that I was picked for My 3 Chefs 2008 Cooking Contest by: Chef #829183 who made my: Recipe #307814 <br /><br />She Z-mailed me the link to the cookbook from that contest: http://www.recipezaar.com/cookbook.php?bookid=213150 <br /><br /><img src=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/My-3-Chefs%20banners/my3chefs2008Small.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/potluckpbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><br />=====================================</p>