Company Chicken Casserole
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 45mins
- 8 ounces noodles
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 4 ounces canned mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Cook noodles according to pkg. until barely tender.
- In a very large bowl, combine the remainding ingredients with the noodles, making sure the noodles are separated and coated with liquid.
- Pour into a greased crockpot.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6-10 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.
- DO NOT LIFT LID DURING COOKING! It will brown on the sides,if cooked on low and that is the way I recommend it be done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This little casserole is deceptively rich with the different cheeses in it! I followed directions exactly except I was out of green pepper so I subbed a red pepper. DH told me to give this the most amount of stars as he though it was fantastic! It was a WONDERFUL suprise as I have never tried a casserole in the crockpot and I am a crockpot user big time! Thanks keen5 for a recipe that's a keeper for sure!
Wow! I made this today and it turned out great! I love to cook in the Crockpot on the weekends and this was fantastic! DH loves chicken and he said this was 5 stars! Like the other reviewer I left out the green pepper (only because we don't like) and subbed red pepper. I used all white meat chicken breasts cooked and cubed. It was creamy and cheesy and satisfying! Thanks for sharing! :)
I gave this 3 stars. My niece, newphew and I liked this but wasn't nuts over it. It was good but needs a bit more flavor. I followed the directions as directed except I only cooked this for 3 hours as another reviewer sais. Mine was very soupy maybe it needed longer cook time. I will make this again and saute the vegetables as another reviewer said to as mine were not done. I will also fry some bacon and chop it and add it to the casserole. I think I will also add some breadcrumbs mix in to thicken it and give it some crunch. Thanks for posting a good recipe! Christine (internetnut)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, but don't have a lot of time to do it, since I work full time. I like to try a new recipe every Saturday, if time allows. <br> <br>I have one grown son and three grandaughters ages 16,10 and 3. The ten year old has won many medals in gymnastics meets over the past few years.