Company Potato Casserole
Swiss cheese lends distinctive flavor to this rich, creamy potato casserole. Since it tastes wonderful and looks so lovely, this side dish is perfect for serving company or as part of a special holiday meal. I cut this out of one of the Taste of Home magazines. Posting for safe keeping!! Note: Make sure potatoes are already cooked or else they would not be done in this amount of time in the oven.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 5 cups potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream (12 oz)
- 1 1⁄4 cups swiss cheese, shredded, divided
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, carrot, onion, parsley, salt, dill and pepper. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with the paprika and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Fabulously flavoursome: a great blend of flavours. And very easy to prepare. I always pre-cook onions that are in baked recipes for fear of them coming out not entirely cooked: had a bad experience of this happening once years ago. I added 3 cloves of minced garlic to one finely chopped onion with about half a teaspoon of oil and cooked briefly in the microwave until the onion had just softened. I used baby carrots, which I chopped in a mini processor. And because I had rather more than 5 cups of potatoes, I added a couple of tablespoons of Greek yoghurt to the sour cream. I used a low-fat sour cream. After combining all the ingredients in step one, I transferred the potato mixture into four small casserole dishes with snug lids that can be added after cooking and cooling: one now consumed; the other three in the freezer. Four separate dishes also means more yummy crispy topping! We loved this dish, and I'll certainly be making it again. Thanks for sharing this super-star recipe, diner524.