I love turnips, raw, or cooked any way. I just found this recipe last week surfing the internet and immediately made it. I love it, if you like turnips, you will too. I used low fat mayo and sour cream. cook time is chill time.
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 10mins
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar, I used white wine vinegar and a dash of dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed, I did not use
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 lb turnip, peeled and shredded (about 4 cups)
- In a large bowl, stir mayo, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add turnips and mix well.
- Refrigerate 6 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
We got a seed pack of root veggies and the turnips were one of the first that we harvested. We had way more than I knew what to do with. I'm not a huge turnip fan, a little goes a long way in my opinion . This slaw recipe is a great recipe to have on hand and a pretty healthy way to use these little guys up. Thanks for sharing the recipe.