Classic Banana Bread With Yogurt
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute).
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Spoon batter into an loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes to 1 hour (depending on size of loaf pans) or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Just made this wonderful dense bread. I baked it at 350 in a convection oven for 45mins, using a greased and floured bundt pan. Turned out perfect. The sugar could probably be reduced by 1/4 cup and chocolate chips reduced by 1/3 cup if you want to cut back on calories and fat and still maintain a great-tasting and textured banana bread. Will make again!
This was gone in under 24 hours! It's easy to make, a good way to use up overly ripe bananas, and though lower in fat, it's moist and flavorful. I used chopped milk chocolate bars (personal preference) and a ring-style cake mold, so it was ready in about 45 minutes. Thanks for the healthy take on an old favorite.