Great Granny's Banana Bread
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
20 thin slices
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 medium overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons yogurt or 1 1/2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 9x5 inch pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl cream butter, sugar, then add mashed bananas.
- Add eggs one at a time, then add sour cream or yogurt, lemon juice, salt, and nuts.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Bake approximately 1 hours 20 minutes Start checking with a toothpick at about 1 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!