Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 12 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup chicken gravy (optional)
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Take out pie crusts and let get to room temperature.
- In saucepan, simmer butter and onion until soft.
- Stir in flour and pepper, and cook until bubbly.
- Slowly stir in broth and milk, a little at a time.
- Heat to boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil one minute.
- Add chicken, veggies and gravy.
- Unroll 1st pie crust and cut into 4 sections.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with the 4 sections of pie crust.
- Spoon chicken filling over crust.
- Unroll 2nd pie crust and slice into 3/4" strips.
- Arrange 1/2 of the strips on a diagonal in one direction, about 1/2" apart, longest strips in the middle.
- Arrange the other 1/2 of the strips on a diagonal in the opposite direction to create a lattice effect.
- Bake on a cookie sheet 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Let stand approximately 10 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!