Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese
Another version of America's favorite comfort food. Can be made ahead and frozen for later use.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) can Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup American cheese, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cook macaroni in medium saucepan for 8 to 10 minutes or until almost tender; drain. Return macaroni to saucepan. Add butter; stir until melted.
- Whisk together evaporated milk, eggs, mustard and pepper in medium bowl. Add to macaroni mixture along with cheese; stir. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese begins to melt. Pour into 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes; stir. Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and top is lightly golden. Season with salt.
- FOR FREEZE AHEAD:.
- Prepare as above; do not bake. Cover; freeze up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION