Carolyn's Easy Cheesy Macaroni & Cheese
This is a recipe my sister and I have followed forever. It is easily doubled for a crowd buffet and can be put in a crockpot to keep warm after preparing (I would not leave in the crockpot for more than 2 hours). There are alot of Mac & Cheese recipes on Zaar, but this is the one we like.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 12 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Prepare the macaroni according to package directions.
- While the macaroni is cooking melt the butter in a large saucepan on low to medium heat.
- Cut the Velvetta in cubes and add to the butter and stir constantly.
- When the cheese starts to melt add the milk and stir to combine until smooth.
- Drain the macaroni and add to the cheese mixture.
- Pepper can be used at the table, but I would not use too much if a child is eating this.
- If putting in a crockpot to keep warm, you might need to add a little milk to it right before serving. Just use your judgement and how your family likes their Mac & Cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I loved this! It was super easy - hardly any more work required than boxed mac & cheese which was great. I had some light velveeta left over from another recipe so cut this recipe down to two servings and it worked great. Used lots of pepper because I love it. Thanks Carolyn! I will make this one again and again!