Candy Bar Ganache Rice Pudding
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 40mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup arborio rice
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, opened and seeds scraped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar (confectioners')
- 1 pound/ 500 g chopped milk chocolate (recommended -- Toblerone with honey and almond nougat)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the rice pudding:
- In a pot, melt the butter on medium heat until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and stir, coating the rice in the browned butter for another 2 minutes. Add milk, sugar, vanilla bean and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, stirring every 5 minutes for about 45 minutes until the rice is cooked but still al dente.
- Remove from heat, cover with plastic wrap, let cool, then put in the refrigerator.
For the ganache:
- In a small pot, heat 1/2 cup cream, add the chopped milk chocolate and stir until melted. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, whip the remaining cream with the icing sugar. Set aside in the refrigerator.
For the almond slivers:
- Heat almond slivers in a pan until they become golden brown. Lay the almonds on a tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Set aside.
- Fold the whipped cream into the rice pudding mixture and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Dish the rice pudding into small serving bowls and garnish with chocolate ganache and almond slivers on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Affable Canadian chef Chuck Hughes is a restaurateur and television personality known for his inventive take on comfort food, which he shares on his show, Chuck's Day Off.