photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 lemons, zest of
- 3 oranges, zest of
- 2 cups/ 500ml white port
- 1 cup/ 250ml raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup/ 125ml orange liqueur, such as Triple Sec
- 1 -2 peach, peeled, halved and diced
- 1 cup/ 250ml corinthian grapes, frozen
- 1 bottle/ 750ml sparkling white wine
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees F (65 degrees C).
- Spread the lemon and orange zest on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Let dry in the oven, about 1 hour.
- Using a spice grinder, reduce the zest to a fine powder. Set aside.
- Mix the port, raspberries, orange liqueur and peaches in a big mason jar. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Rim tall serving glasses with the zest powder. Pour the sangria into the glasses, filling them one-third of the way full. Add the frozen grapes and top with the sparkling wine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Affable Canadian chef Chuck Hughes is a restaurateur and television personality known for his inventive take on comfort food, which he shares on his show, Chuck's Day Off.