photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 3 ears corn
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1-2 tablespoons or 1 big nub butter
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Husk the corn, and slice the kernels off the cobs, and place into a medium saucepan.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, and let it cook and reduce until the liquid is thicker, the corn is plumped up, and the volume of liquid is reduced by about half, about 10 minutes.
- Take the saucepan off the heat, and stir in a good nub of butter, add some coarse salt and pepper, to taste. The finished result will still be a little firm to the tooth, but sweet and creamy, as well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Affable Canadian chef Chuck Hughes is a restaurateur and television personality known for his inventive take on comfort food, which he shares on his show, Chuck's Day Off.