photo by Genius Kitchen
- Ready In:
Grilled Pork Chops
- about 20 dried arbol chile
- 1 tablespoon/ 15 ml olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 4 oversized flat tortillas
- 2 tablespoons/ 30 ml lard (optional) or 2 duck fat (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup/ 125 ml refried black beans, pureed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- hot sauce
- 1 cup/ 250 ml grated oaxaca cheese
- shredded lettuce
- onion, shopped
- tomatoes, diced
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
For the grilled pork chops:
- In a food processor, reduce the chiles to a powder. In a small bowl, mix the chile powder with the olive oil and season with salt. Rub the meat with the chile oil and grill until desired doneness, about 5 minutes depending on the size of the pork chop. Keep warm.
For the tlayudas:
- Place 1 tortilla on a baking sheet or pizza stone and spread with 1/2 tablespoon lard if using, and then a quarter of the refried bean puree. Add a quarter of the avocado, sprinkle with hot sauce to taste and top with a quarter of the cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the pork chops.
- Garnish each tortilla with lettuce, onions, diced tomatoes, cilantro and salsa. Eat open-faced or fold in half if desired and top with the thinly sliced grilled pork chops.
- Oaxaca cheese is very similar to mozzarella. It has a mild, buttery flavor. You can substitute with mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!