Ginger Rum Shandy
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 10 slices peeled ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces spiced rum, divided (recommended -- Sailor Jerry)
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice, divided
- 2 cups wheat beer, divided (recommended -- Hoegaarden)
- thinly sliced apple, for garnish
- freshly grated ginger, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine the ginger, sugar and 1 cup water over medium-high heat. Let boil, and then reduce to medium until the liquid becomes syrupy, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove, strain and cool.
- Using a martini shaker to mix each drink, add ice, 1 ounce rum, 1 tablespoon ginger syrup, the juice of 1 lime quarter and 1 tablespoon apple juice. Shake well, pour into a rock glass, top with 1/2 cup beer and garnish with a thin slice of apple and freshly grated ginger.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Affable Canadian chef Chuck Hughes is a restaurateur and television personality known for his inventive take on comfort food, which he shares on his show, Chuck's Day Off.