Root Vegetable Mash
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 2 yukon gold potatoes
- 4 parsnips
- 2 carrots
- 2 salsify
- 1/4 cup 35-percent whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook all the potatoes, parsnips, carrots, and salsify in salted boiling water for about 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the inside of the potatoes to the rest of the vegetables.
- Mash the vegetables along with the cream and butter.
- Season the vegetables with salt, and pepper, to taste. Keep warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Affable Canadian chef Chuck Hughes is a restaurateur and television personality known for his inventive take on comfort food, which he shares on his show, Chuck's Day Off.