Emiliano's Tuna Machaca
photo by Genius Kitchen
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons/ 30 ml canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 pounds/ 675 g fresh tuna, cut in chunks
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 poblano chile, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano, leaves finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- tortilla, warmed, for serving
- lime wedge, for serving
- Heat the oil in a wok or a nonstick pan. Add the garlic, then add the tuna and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, breaking the pieces as it cooks. Add the onions and poblano chile and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm with tortillas and a squeeze of lime.
- Chuck uses a disca on the show, but a wok will get the job done too!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!