Bubble and Squeak With Veggie Bacon and Celeriac (Vegan)
- Ready In:
- Peel your potato (aka spuds) and peel your quarter or celeriac and cut both into into 1 inch bits. Put in large pan of water with a sprinkle of salt and boil for twenty minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile shred your cabbage and boil in separate pan for around 5 minutes.
- Slice your onions and leeks finely and squish your garlic with a a garlic crusher.
- Slice your veggie bacon into strips or chunks and fry gently about a minute a side in the oil.
- Add the onions and leeks in a frying pan for a couple of minutes.
- Next add the garlic and the drained cabbage cook for five minutes.
- Drain the spuds and celeriac well and mash with the soy spread and spy milk season with a bit of salt.
- Add the frying pan mix and give a good mash about.
- Now you can either squish the mixture into an even "patty" in the frying pan and cook for about 5 minutes on a medium heat so it becomes like a cake with a crispy bottom and the grill the top or (if your using a wok because the handle has fallen off your frying pan) put into an oven proof dish and press into a patty. Put in oven on gas mark 8 for twenty minutes until a bit crisp on the top.
- If you're feeling super flash top with a think layer of vegan mozzarella and sprinkle of vegan parmesan.
- I used only a little insey weensey bit and served with veggie gravy.
- Yummy yummy in the tummy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!