Bubble and Squeak
- Ready In:
- 2 cups potatoes, cooked and mashed (lumpy)
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped,parboiled
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄2 cup diced smoked ham
- 2 slices bacon, cooked,crumbled
- black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon bacon drippings
- Mix together potatoes, cabbage, onion, garlic, chives, ham, and bacon.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat bacon drippings in skillet; add potato mixture and form a patty.
- Brown over medium heat on one side.
- Invert onto plate and serve.
Join The Conversation
Easy to make , simple ingredients , end result delicious! I could see this for breakfast , maybe smashing a fried up egg through it , or great for lunch or dinner either one! Of course , you could add cheese to it if you'd like , would take on another taste .. but I like it just the way it is. Made for Think Pink '08
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
You know me as Sue L or Sue Lau. I write a food blog at palatablepastime.com which specializes in Midwestern, Amish, Southern, and Ethnic recipes. Most of which are my own recipes. There are a few there that aren't, but not many. And really, since the best of my recipes here are my recipes, it tells me you guys like me just a teensy bit. ;) I post all my latest stuff on my blog including new recipes, updates to older recipes and (hopefully) much better photos. So don't be shy in dropping by. If you like my stuff here you will LOVE my stuff there. Seriously.