Brown Mushroom Rice
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 cup long grain rice
- Mix all ingredients together in a 1-1/2 or 2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for i hour.
Join The Conversation
I do not know where she got the recipe, but my mother has been making this exact recipe all of my life and it is a family favorite! We have it at almost every family gathering, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas. When I make it, I only put in 1/4 c butter, otherwise I feel its too buttery. You can also cook it in the microwave, which only takes about 20 min.