Banana Nut Bread Jam
A delicious spread to be used on toast, french toast, pancakes, ice cream, etc.
- Ready In:
- 10 ripe bananas, pureed (need 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups toasted walnuts, minced
- 1 (3 ounce) box pectin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Mix bananas, walnuts, lemon juice and powdered pectin in large kettle. Stir while bringing to a full rolling boil.
- All at once add sugars. Stirring continuously, heat until full rolling boil. Continue to heat 1 minute.
- Fill jars to 1/4 inch of top; seal with two-part lid and ring.
- Boiling water bath for at least 10 minutes.
- Makes about 3 pints.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation