Strawberry Banana Jam
photo by Roy B.
- Ready In:
5 half pints
- In a large stainless or enamel pot add the strawberries, bananas and the orange.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and boil for 10 min.
- Slowly add the sugar and lemon juice-you dont want to loose the"boil" and stir constantly until mixture reaches the gel stage.
- Remove from heat and skim off any foam.
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars to 1/4 inch head space.
- Process in a water bath for 5 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a great recipe. My son has been begging me to make a strawberry-banana jam of some sort and this recipe was perfect answer! I increased the bananas a little bit to ensure the flavor came through so instead of 2 cups I used about three and increased by strawberries by a cup. I peeled the orange as I am not a fan of the rind and added a smidge more lemon juice to ensure the color stayed nice and red. Overall, a great base to work and try other options from here!