- Ready In:
- 4 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Heat to a boiling in a saucepan and simmer slowly, till mixture is thickened.
- Serve warm over pancakes or cool and serve as a jam.
Join The Conversation
This jam is amazing! Quick and easy to make, then only downside being it is a weird colour and seems to take ages to thicken (but then I think everything takes ages when I'm hungry!). Tastes great warm, but nicer cold on toast. I halved the recipe and got a 400g jam full. It seems to keep well in the fridge also. Thanks for the recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a small town in New Hampshire and my yard has a lot of space that allows me to ride my bike there, and go for a walk in the woods down to a river behind my house, and i love to walk over to my friends' house and walk down to our country store, get icecream, and then walk down to our lake. I absolutly love living here and being able to do all that stuff that you might not be able to do in a huge city. I also love to bake but not cook meats since i'm a vegetarian. I also have two cats and a bird.