Banana Mini Choco Chip Muffins
photo by HeatherFeather
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup sweet unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract (really that much)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed banana (approximately 2 bananas)
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened miniature chocolate chip
- Grease 2 (12 hole) regular size muffin pans and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar together until combined well and fluffy.
- Add one egg, beat well; add second egg, beat well.
- Add vanilla and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Combine wet mixture and dry mixture using a spoon and stir just until all the ingredients are moistened- don't overmix and don't use an electric mixer or it will toughen the muffins (you can press out any big lumps with your spoon).
- Gently fold in the bananas and the mini chocolate chips.
- Spoon into muffin tins so they are 3/4 full- you will probably only have enough batter for about 18.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick tests clean.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes in the pans, then gently slide a butter knife around the edges to help loosen any stubborn bits.
- Remove from tins and let cool or serve warm with butter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!