Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
photo by Debbwl
- Ready In:
32-36 mini muffins
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 mashed bananas (very ripe bananas )
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a mini muffin tin.
- Mix six first ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add chocolate chips; set aside.
- Mix bananas, eggs, oil, vanilla and almond extract.
- Combine both mixtures until well blended.
- Spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake in center of oven 12 to 14 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum! I really love that these are made with whole wheat flour, I haven't been using enough of that lately and it helped make these a treat, I did cut the amount in half and also the chips (used 2 tbsp). The only real problem with this recipe is that it just too easy to keep on munching these small delights. I had downed 4 of them before I thought about stopping, lol. Best when still warm enough for the chocolate to still be soft and a bit gooey. They won't last long if you have kids in the house.
So I cheated! Although I pretty much followed your recipe, I did almost double the amount of mini chocolate chips, but what's a dedicated chocoholic to do ~ Cut back? No way! Any, although I did share them with my son & DIL, another time they'll be made just for the 2 of us here at home! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar recipe tag]