Bacon, corn and cheddar waffles
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These waffles are delicious and you could use either fresh corn or canned. It comes from Cafe 222 in San Diego.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup sweetcorn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup whole milk or 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 cup melted margarine
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled cooked thick-cut bacon
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in small skillet and saute corn for 3 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted margarine.
- Gently stir until combined but not smooth.
- Fold in the bacon, corn and cheddar.
- Cook in waffle maker.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION