Three Corn and Cheddar Spoon Bread
A delicious and easy side dish I like to serve with tacos or anything Mexican!
- Ready In:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl.
- Add 1 cup cheese, cream style corn, whole kernel corn, muffin mix, sour cream and melted butter; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake in oven 45 minutes to 1 hour or until center is set.
- Top with remaining cheese; bake 2 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- For another option: Add 1 small can drained, diced green chilies or chopped pimiento to batter before baking).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
OK. I'm giving this 5 stars, but I'm probably not going to make this again since I make another recipe which is similar (and which I prefer.) This was a little sweeter than "mine," I suggest using the optional peppers, and/or hot pepper jack cheese, and leave in in the oven close to an hour. It will puff-up beautifully.Reply
see 19 more