Beef and Hash Browns Dinner Crock Pot
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 10mins
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 lb ground chuck, browned and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope beef gravy
- 1 (16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen hash browns, slightly thawed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Place ground beef, onion and garlic in slow cooker/Crock Pot and toss with gravy mix.
- Pour cream corn over ground beef mixture, then add half the cheese.
- Top with hash browns, and remaining cheese.
- Mix the soup with evaporated milk and seasonings, pour evenly over the hash browns.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.
No one cared for this, not even DS who eats almost anything without complaint. After reading the reviews I spiced it up a bit, both in the beef cooking process and with the milk mixture. It still came out surprisingly bland. Something just not quite right about it, and I'm not a good enough cook to figure out what it was exactly. Sorry, Lorac, this one just didn't work out for us.
see 6 more reviews
This was really yummy. I was impressed. I didn't quite put as much garlic, and instead of the beef gravy packet, we sprinkled some crushed up bouillion cube and cornstarch. We also used less cheese and made it colbyjack cheese instead of cheddar. (we didn't have as much cheese in the fridge as I thought) We'll definetely make this again. Next time, I'll just used diced potatoes instead of buying frozen hashbrowns. The potatoes should cook just fine in the amount of cooking time given. Oh, and we used cream of chicken soup.