Bacon, Cheddar, Sour Cream and Chive, Twice Baked Potatoes
Potato Lover's Beware! One Word, "Delicious"
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits (real Bacon)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup Miracle Whip or 1/3 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion (diced very fine)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon roasted garlic (or you can use Garlic Salt)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Wrap potatoes in foil and bake in a 400* oven for 45-60 minutes. When potatoes are done, unwrap and let them cool.
- When potatoes have completely cooled, slice them in half, and with a small spoon; gently remove the center and you should have a potato boat.
- Place scooped out potatoes in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, mixing well.
- Reserve a handful of shredded cheese for the topping.
- Using a spoon fill the boats with the mashed mixture and top with the reserved cheese.
- Bake on 375* for 10-15 minute then on broil, watching closely so they do not burn until the cheese is slightly browned.
- Top Potato Boats with sour cream and more chives (optional of course), and Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION