Cream Cheese and Chive Mashed Potatoes (Low-Fat)
photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, 1-inch pieces
- 8 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup fresh chives or 2 tablespoons dried chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In medium saucepan over high heat, boil potatoes in 2 inches of water about 12 minutes, or until tender; drain thoroughly.
- Shake potatoes in pan 1 to 2 minutes over low heat to dry thoroughly.
- Mash potatoes with electric mixer or potatoe masher. (Do not overbeat).
- Mix in cheese until melted.
- Mix in milk and chives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir gently over low heat just until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummy!!! You wouldn't know that these are low-fat!! I made this to serve one (with leftovers), using one very large potato and the rest as written. I chose to make them creamy/smooth using an electric mixer, so I added the chives at the very end. I love the flavor added by the chives and think I will add them to all mashed potatoes, so good!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. Made for you win in the football pool, congrats!!!
This was such a creamy and yummy mash! Nobody would have guessed it was low-fat and healthy. :)<br/>I like my mash a little more on the dry side, so I just reduced the cream cheese a tad. The chives were a great addition! :)<br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, lazyme!<br/>Made and reviewed for Potluck Tag Game December 2010.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"