Candied Sweet Potatoes - Southern Traditional (Low Fat)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Low fat version of recipe #60935.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add oranje juice and mix in until melted.
- While butter is melting, in a small bowl combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add sliced potatoes to melted butter and turn to coat.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over potatoes, stir to coat.
- Cover skillet, reduce heat to low.
- Stirring occasionally, Cook for 50-60 minutes (depending on how thick you sliced your potatoes), or until potatoes are tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION