Weight Watchers Au Gratin Potatoes 3 Pts (Low-Fat)
photo by Mahina209
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large frypan over medium heat; add in onion and cook stirring occasionally until onion begins to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in flour, then slowly add in milk.
- Add in potatoes; stir to mix; bring to a boil.
- Stir in 3/4 cup cheese, salt and black pepper.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish then spread out.
- Bake for 1 hour uncovered.
- After 1 hour cooking time cover with foil and continue to bake another 20 minutes more.
- Change oven to broil heat.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over potatoes and broil 6-inches from heat until the cheese is golden (about 1-2 minutes).
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.
I read several Au Gratin Potato recipes before I settled on this one, but I made a few adjustments:<br/><br/>* Cooked onions until translucent to keep the flavor more delicate<br/>* Used King Arthur Gluten Free Multipurpose Flour (Celiac in our family)<br/>* Substituted ground white pepper rather than black pepper<br/>* Added 2 cloves minced garlic<br/>* Added 1/2 tsp paprika (US traditional, not hot or Hungarian)<br/>* Used Simply Potatoes Homestyle Slices as a way to save prep and cooking time<br/>* Decreased cooking time to 35 minute
YUMMY!!!!!!!!!! I made this for our Christmas dinner. My only alterations from the recipe (because I hate measuring): heavy on the pepper and added a bit more reduced fat cheese. next time, I might add an extra onion and some garlic, just because. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe Kittencalskitchen.
Really, really great recipe. I cut the servings in half and want to reiterate that people should also cut the cooking times in half! I used a bit more cheese than the recipe indicated and so added an extra point, but still well, well worth it -- and super filling! I'm excited to make these again. Also, even if you're not on Weight Watchers -- who cares? It's delicious!