- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can artichoke heart, drained,coarsely chopped
- 1 can tomatoes, juice reserved
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup reserved tomato juice, may add water or 3/4 cup stock
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, boneless black pepper
- Drain tomatoes, reserving juice, and coarsely chop.
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add artichokes and saute 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and garlic.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato liquid.
- Increase heat and boil until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occcasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Keep warm.
- Sauce can be made a day before.
- Reheat before continuing.
- Rub chicken on both sides with pepper.
- Add chicken to sauce and cook about 10 minutes per side until done.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm giving this two stars because my roommate came up with an alternative to finish it. But, I thought it was bland an odd texture. You might be able to spice it up, but on it's own I wouldn't recommend it. We added the left overs to a jar of spaghetti sauce and had "chicken parmesean" over pasta. Otherwise we have tossed the left overs. Sorry Dancer, I enjoy other recipes of yours!Reply
I made this recipe for dinner tonight after seeing a picture of it posted on the new pictures link. Overall, I thought it was good, but felt the sauce was a little too bland for my family's taste. I seasoned it with a teaspoon of Italian seasoning, a half teaspoon of crushed red pepper, and some additional salt and pepper. I also grated fresh Parmesan cheese on top before serving. Thanks for the recipe.Reply
see 11 more