Crock Pot Artichoke, Chicken and Olives
Do you want something different in a crock pot recipe...this is it. The fresh Mediterranean flavors are a treat and so is the couscous.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen artichokes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives (or 1/4 cup capers, drained)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked couscous
- Rinse chicken& set aside.
- In a 3 1/2 qt crock pot combine mushrooms, undrained tomatoes, frozen artichoke hearts, chicken broth, onion, olives,& wine/broth.
- Stir in tapioca, curry powder, thyme, salt,& pepper.
- Add chicken.
- Spoon some of the tomato mixture over chicken.
- Cover& cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Serve with hot cooked couscous.
- Serves 6.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I was really expecting something special and exciting from the reviews I read but I guess the blend of flavors just didn't suit my personal taste. I used black olives and canned artichoke hearts and drained them both. I didn't really taste the diced tomatoes as much as I would have liked. Also, I didn't see that the tapioca had any effect on the soupy outcome.