Almond Butter Crunch
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Almost like peanut brittle but with that home made taste.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup butter (No Substitutions)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Line bottom and sides of a 9" round baking pan (Do Not Use Glass) with foil.
- Butter the foil heavily; set pan aside.
- Combine almonds, the 1/2 cup butter, sugar and syrup in a 10" skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar is melted and mixture turns golden brown, stirring constantly (about 10 minutes).
- Quickly spread mixture into foil lined pan.
- Cool about 15 minutes or until firm.
- Remove candy by lifting edges of foil out of pan; peel off foil.
- Leave whole or break into pieces.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is the same as mine which I have been making for over twenty more years. The only thing that I do is if using nuts I toast then place them onto my buttered pan and then pour the cooked butter/sugar mixture on top of them. I also now do not butter my jelly roll pan but put a sill pat on it ,pour it directly on top of the nuts, cools and comes off oh so easy. I use the sillpat for sponge toffee too, or peanut brittle. Great recipe.Reply
This recipe is great. It is so fast and easy, and the results are addicting. I get amused when reviews tell of the changes a person made in a recipe, although I do it all the time. I didn't have slivered almonds so I attempted chopped almonds. The results were not positive. Tasted great, but didn't turn out like it should have. I tried it with cashew halves, and that was great. I tried it with small peanut halves, and that worked great, too.Reply