Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just when you thought you had enough zucchini recipes. This one comes from the Monks at Mepkin Abbey in So.Carolina. They grow their own chickens and sell the eggs to make a little extra. (The eggs are delicious!!)
- 3 cups zucchini, cut in quarters & sliced thin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (I use dry)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 dash garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix zucchini, onion,bisquit mix, cheese, basil, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Combine oil and eggs.
- Add to the zucchini mix, turning until the zucchini mix is evenly coated.
- Pour into a buttered 10x6 or 9x9 baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- You can test it by placing a butter knife in the center.
- If it comes out clean, it is done.
I've used this recipe several times and really loved it until I looked more closely at the Nutrition Facts. Bisquick baking mix unfortunately has 1.5g of Trans Fat and the company has no intention of taking this out according to their Customer Service line. This made me question all the nutrition information and feel it should be taken with a pinch of salt.
This was really good. I totally enjoyed it. It was simple to make, i threw it together in under 5 minutes. It reminds me of the impossible Bisquick quiches, was really rich and eggy. I did increase the garlic to 2 cloves, added about 1/2 cup grated mozzarella and subsitituted fresh basil for the dried herbs. Even my zucchini hating husband admitted that he enjoyed it! Thanks for a great, easy recipe Pat!
I had too much zucchini and was running out of recipes. SO glad I found this recipe! Just delicious. My whole family loved it!!