Just when you thought you had enough zucchini recipes. This one comes from the Monks at Mepkin Abbey in So.Carolina. They grow their own chickens and sell the eggs to make a little extra. (The eggs are delicious!!)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix zucchini, onion,bisquit mix, cheese, basil, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Combine oil and eggs.
- Add to the zucchini mix, turning until the zucchini mix is evenly coated.
- Pour into a buttered 10x6 or 9x9 baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- You can test it by placing a butter knife in the center.
- If it comes out clean, it is done.
I've used this recipe several times and really loved it until I looked more closely at the Nutrition Facts. Bisquick baking mix unfortunately has 1.5g of Trans Fat and the company has no intention of taking this out according to their Customer Service line. This made me question all the nutrition information and feel it should be taken with a pinch of salt.
This was really good. I totally enjoyed it. It was simple to make, i threw it together in under 5 minutes. It reminds me of the impossible Bisquick quiches, was really rich and eggy. I did increase the garlic to 2 cloves, added about 1/2 cup grated mozzarella and subsitituted fresh basil for the dried herbs. Even my zucchini hating husband admitted that he enjoyed it! Thanks for a great, easy recipe Pat!
I used olive oil and baked in a 8"x11.5" glass pan. 1/2 tea salt and 1/4 tea pepper were used. It was way too bland. User 892742 makes a great point about the trans fat content. I won't make this very often.