Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I wanted to eat something vegetarian for dinner for a change, especially after a dinner of bratwurst soup the night before. I'm also fighting candida, so I wanted something with an immune boost, thus the 4 cloves of garlic and cayenne powder. I also used spelt pasta instead of regular pasta due to the lower gluten content. My husband, who doesn't like veggie meals very much, said it was really good!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500 g tomatoes, finely chopped (or a can of diced tomatoes)
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 200 g brown lentils, cooked
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 250 g pasta
- Chop up or grate all of your veggies. I used a garlic press and my food processor.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or wok. Add the onion and fry until translucent, add the garlic and fry for a few seconds to release the aroma.
- Add the tomatoes and zucchini. Simmer and stir occasionally, until the veggies begin to soften.
- Stir in the lentils and spices.
- Simmer for about half an hour with the lid on so the moisture stays inches.
- About 15 minutes into cooking, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Cook the pasta according to the directions. Also add the yogurt to the sauce at this time.
- Serve it and listen to the yummy noises.