1/1 Photo of Zucchini Gumbo (Crock-Pot)
8 hrs 24 mins
8 hrs 9 mins
This soup/gumbo is good.Instead of the usual okra this uses zucchini. The original recipe called for file powder which I couldn't find - so skipped. Adapted from Fresh from the Vegetarian Cookbook. Without the rice this is only 2 WW points.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery, chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups tomato juice or 2 cups v- 8 vegetable juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, drained
- 2 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into 1/4 inch half moons
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (Tabasco sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat heat the oil. Add the next 4 ingredients (onion - garlic), cover and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- 2Transfer vegetables to crockpot.
- 3Add next 7 ingredients (vegetable broth - pepper). Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- 4Stir in Tabasco and liquid smoke.
- 5Divide rice into soup bowls and top with gumbo.
Browse Our Top Gumbo Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Gumbo (Crock-Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.4
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 383.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: