Recipe by Cookin'Chemist
A light citrus dish, the family will love. Perfect for a quick dinner after a long day at work for a little pick-me-up.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow pepper, shopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2-quart saucepan, prepare rice as label directs.
- Meanwhile, from limes, grate 2 teaspoons peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice.
- In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion and pepper and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until asparagus it tender-crisp and shrimp turn opaque.
- Add rice, lime peel and juice, and fish sauce; stir to combine.