Recipe by Chef PotPie
---Created for RSC#9, this was fun to make while experimenting with my family's tastes the whole time! We all ended up liking it very much. Have all your vegies prepped beforehand to make the recipe more fluid and easy to prepare. NOTE: You can start out with 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes for the sambal. If you use the sambal, you might want to start with 1 tablespoon and go on from there to your taste, this was pretty spicy!------
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
This was very yummy. I added extra vegetables, and only used 1 T of sriracha since my curry paste has a real kick. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT 9, Gourmet Goddesses.
- 12 ounces wide rice noodles, prepared as package directs for pasta, boiled, not soaked
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten, set aside
- 1 medium white onion, chopped coarse
- 1 large carrot, peeled, thin sliced on the bias
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 chicken breast, cut into julienne sized strips
- 3⁄4 lb medium prawns, deveined and shelled
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄3 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 15 ounces straw mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek
- 1 bunch scallion, white part, cut on bias, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In large wok, mix and simmer 2 tablespoons red curry paste and peanut oil for 2 minutes, add chopped onion and saute over medium heat 4 minutes.
- Add chicken strips and saute, stirring, 3 minutes.
- Add sliced carrots and continue to stir and saute 4 minutes.
- add broccoli florets, stir and saute three minutes more and add drained mushrooms.
- Meanwhile, lightly beat eggs and scramble well in small pan and set aside.
- Boil rice stix for 6 minutes, until just done to the bite; drain.
- In large bowl, whisk together: 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 1 cup chicken broth, 1 cup light coconut milk, the brown sugar, peanut butter, 1-2 tablespoons sambal, 1/2 cup water. Pour into wok.
- Add shrimp and bring to simmer, stirring, until shrimp are just cooked through, opaque, and not in tight circles.
- Gently stir in scrambled eggs.
- Drain rice noodles, add to wok, and toss all with tongs or stir with wooden spoon till well mixed. Add sliced scallions, toss. Serve!