Thai Satay Noodles
photo by Ashley Cuoco
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 100 ml thick coconut milk
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 300 g pre cooked noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 5 cm fresh ginger, grated
- 150 g broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 75 g baby corn, halved lengthways
- 50 g mange-touts peas, trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 25 g roasted peanuts, chopped
- In a bowl mix the peanut butter, chilli sauce, coconut milk, vegetable stock and soy sauce to make a smooth sauce. (this can be kept in a container for up to 3 days)
- Heat the oil in a wok and stir fry the broccoli, red pepper, baby corn and ginger for 3 minutes Add the mange tout and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes Pour over the satay sauce and bring to the boil.
- Drain the noodles or remove from pack and add to the wok. Stir fry over a high heat for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with the basil leaves and peanuts sprinkled over.
Questions & Replies
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Under construction... How I rate... 5 stars - perfect, will make again without any changes. 4 stars - Liked it, will make again again but with changes. 3 stars - had to make major changes but got it to work. 2 stars - had to make major changes and it didn't work. 1 star - went terribly, a waste of time and ingredients, I cried, BF cried the cats cried you get the picture...