Slow Cooker Cheesy Beefy Lasagna
photo by TheDancingCook
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked meatloaf mixture or 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, browned
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (24 ounce) jar your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Brown meat and onion in skillet, drain.
- Combine meat, sauces, tomatoes and seasoning in a bowl, set aside.
- Combine ricotta, parmesan and 2 cups of the mozzarella in a bowl, set aside.
- Spray crockpot lightly with cooking spray, bottom and sides; cover bottom of cooker with 1/4 of the sauce.
- Layer in 4 lasagna noodles, breaking to fit.
- Top with half of the cheese mixture.
- Continue alternating layers : sauce, 4 noodles, remaining cheese mixture, sauce, 4 noodles, sauce on top.
- Cover and cook on low approximately 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours, until noodles are al dente.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and some more italian seasoning on top of cheese and let melt before serving.
- *Fill your slow cooker between 1/2 and 2/3 full, or it will boil over.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Welcome! I joined this website in 2001, as a new wife and Mom of a 1 y/o and I was 28 yrs old and did not know about cooking. I found this website cause I searched the web and wanted to find a good recipe for carrots! I found that recipe and so much more here over the years. I learned so much from this website and opened up my eyes to other recipes. I now am 46 y/o. I am now divorced and my then 1 y/o son is now a Marine. I have a wonderful man in my life that loves and appreciates my cooking and I thank this site for all of its help. I still come here for recipes. I hope you like my recipes and your family enjoys them also....there is many here and I love to pass them on.