Recipe by Daniel in 56007
LOTS BETTER THEN STOVE TOP!!! I had this several years ago at my mom's for christmas and it was wonderful. All the flavors blend so well together and the water from the steam makes it not so dry. READ CLOSELY!!!!!!!!
Top Review by Noor.Khalid
This was a great addition to our Thanksgiving menu--so tasty and easy to prepare! I gilded the lily a bit by saut?ing some vegetarian sausage crumbles and adding them to the rest of the ingredients. Will certainly make this again--all year round!
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, well drained and chopped
CHICKEN BROTH MIXTURE
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 eggs
- 12 cups bread, cups (any will do)
- onion, mixture
- celery, mixture
Directions See How It's Made
- saute onion mixture in 1 cup butter for 5 minutes cooling slightly.
- in 2-quart mixing bowl put chicken broth mixture and mix well.
- in a very large bowl put the final mixture and mix it well. Now put the final mixture into a crock pot and cover. Cook on high for 1 hour, then turn it down to low can cook for 4-8 hours more.