Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 hrs
LOTS BETTER THEN STOVE TOP!!! I had this several years ago at my mom's for christmas and it was wonderful. All the flavors blend so well together and the water from the steam makes it not so dry. READ CLOSELY!!!!!!!!
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, well drained and chopped
CHICKEN BROTH MIXTURE
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 eggs
- 12 cups bread, cups (any will do)
- onion, mixture
- celery, mixture
- saute onion mixture in 1 cup butter for 5 minutes cooling slightly.
- in 2-quart mixing bowl put chicken broth mixture and mix well.
- in a very large bowl put the final mixture and mix it well. Now put the final mixture into a crock pot and cover. Cook on high for 1 hour, then turn it down to low can cook for 4-8 hours more.
This was a great addition to our Thanksgiving menu--so tasty and easy to prepare! I gilded the lily a bit by saut?ing some vegetarian sausage crumbles and adding them to the rest of the ingredients. Will certainly make this again--all year round!
Nice stuffing. I mixed some light and dark breads and upped the sage, thyme and poultry seasoning to our taste. Also added some salt.
Everyone loved this! and so nice to have it in the crockpot and not taking up oven space!! everyone loved how moist it was. only thing i didn't do was add the mushrooms. will make this next thanksgiving, thanks!!