Best rice pudding that I have ever tasted. Good sprinkled with nutmeg or cinnamon.
Make and share this Yummy Creamy Rice Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil.
- Add rice and stir.
- Reduce heat,cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In another saucepan, combine the cooked rice, with 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk, beaten egg and raisins.
- Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Serve warm.