Recipe by Amanda Beth
This is a throw together recipe I made the day after dreaming about vegetable soup all night. (I don't understand the dreams either!) But I don't like watery vegetable soup, so this is my version!
Top Review by lauralie41
Wonderful recipe Amanda Beth, thank you for putting this one together! I used ground sirloin so there wasnt much grease left in my pan. Prefer V8 to tomato juice, omitted the green pepper, and didnt need the additional water. Left the skins on the potatoes and used mild chunky salsa. So easy to make this stew and with items I usually have on hand. Great flavor, love the bit of zip in the sauce, and the corn adds just a little crunch. Will be making this again!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 4 yukon gold potatoes, medium diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, with juice
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with worcestershire sauce in soup pan.
- Drain well, and wipe out the pan to remove extra grease.
- Return ground beef and add remaining ingredients, except water.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are done.
- Skim any fatty spots in the soup.
- Add water to make the soup as soup-y as you like.