Crock Pot Beef Vegetable Stew
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 30mins
- 1 (1 lb) package stew meat
- 1 cup flour
- oil, for browning
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 small turnip, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cubed carrots
- 1 box frozen peas
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid gravy browner
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (optional)
- Toss stew meat with flour and brown in heated oil in a skillet.
- Add the cooked meat and all other ingredients into a 4 Qt crock pot.
- Stir well and cook on low 9-10 hours or on high 5-6 hours.
- Turn crock pot off and enjoy!
- I like my stew thick so after I turn the crock pot off I mix 1/2 cup of water with 2 tbsp of flour and stir into the stew.
- I also like to add a small can of diced tomatoes at this time.
- Hint--one may substitue 1/2 cup of barley in place of the potato.
Join The Conversation
This stew was just what we wanted on this snowy evening! I used 2 cups of vegetable stock(I had it open in the frige) and one cup water. Added a parsnip. It was so good with all the vegetables. We like our vegetable under cooked so I left them in large pieces. Cooked on low for 8 hours and everything was perfect. I used 2 tablespoon of cornstarch to thicken. Thanks smokealarm jr for a tasty easy recipe