Recipe by pamela t.
Really yummy and moist meatloaf with the kick from the curry and the sweetness of apricots jam and carrots. You can vary the veggies if you like.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
These were delicious and worked out perfectly!!! moist and full of flavour, its hard not to eat them all!!! A real treat for my husband, and I really enjoyed them too. Easy to make, I stuck to the recipe and loved them. thank you westtexazzy, lovely recipe, made for I Recommend tag game.
- 1⁄2 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 2 slices multi-grain bread
- 1 carrot
- 1 large egg
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 cup cooked spinach, drained
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam or 2 tablespoons jam
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Dice carrot and onion and steam in the microwave to cook. Cooking time depends on microwave size/power. Steam carrot and onion until tender. Drain.
- Tear bread slices and process in the food processor until it is crumbs. Add crumbs to a large mixing bowl. Add both meats, egg, carrot, onion, cooked spinach, salt, pepper, and curry powder. Mix using your hands.
- I like to use a cupcake pan. Spray each cupcake hole with cooking spray and distribute meat mixture in each hole (it will probably fill 5-6 mini meatloaf cupcakes.
- Mix the jelly and catsup and spread over the top of each cupcake.
- Bake until cooked through approximately 20 minutes.